For All What I Call Worth

On SE6 Train, September 11th morning, 2010

It was a 24 hours 40 minutes journey by train from Nha Trang to Ha Noi. For some it might be a waste of time. However, I think, that depends on the value one carries. I'm not comparing which value is higher. It's just like the difference between, let's say, blue and red. You can't say blue is better than red, can you?

Spending time is like spending money. If given $24.40, for instance, one might spend it different than another. But, both would say they had spent the $24,40 for something worth.

On account of what I had seen, experienced, and captured, during this train ride all the way along Vietnamese coastline from Nha Trang to Ha Noi, I count that I had spent 24 hours 40 minutes for something worth.

 The red line is the journey we took on September 9th 2010 from Saigon to Nha Trang by T-R-A-I-N.

The blue line is the journey we took on September 11-12, 2010 from Nha Trang to Hanoi by T-R-A-I-N.

My purpose wasn't to get to Hanoi.
My purpose was all you are going to see in the following photographs.

I missed the sky before sunrise in Nha Trang, but luckily I did not miss this.

It's not just the weather that I'm grateful for. It's also the timing. The timing of which our train passed the right spot on the right time when the sun was rising from behind the mountain.

 I wonder where this was. My guess is somewhere in Hoi An.
 Although using continuous shutter, it was tough shooting between the bars of the bridge. This was the best I could get for this scenery. Part of the bridge bar is still visible on the right side. But if I cut it off, I would cut the fishermen boats as well.

Is this Danang??

Vietnam and her electricity lines should be in line ;-)

 I cannot thank GOD enough for adding perfection to my trip for He granted us a weather which I can't wish better. Thank you so much, Jesus.

 Our train runs up and down the mountains with South China Sea watching below us.

 South China Sea

These next 3 photos were shot by Dina Sandika Soesanto from her camera and published with her permission.

This is the view from the left side of the train. As I was on the 2nd level bed, I did not have much access to the window. Besides, I didn't have enough time either to get my camera ready. Dina shot this with her G10. That's the benefit of a semi pocket camera: practical.

I also wasn't ready because after the breathtaking-view on the right side of the train by early, early, morning, I did not think there would still be another surprise ahead.

Thanks a lot, Dina! I'm very happy with this.

Vietnam:
a country which is one step away to the beach and another to the mountains.

Popular rocky mountains of Vietnam. Similar to the stone pillars on Halong Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment